Monday, March 24, 2014

Like Water for Chocolate: Part dos

In this book my group and I are reading every chapter represents another month. I think this is very cool because you can follow a timeline by month. Every month that starts my group and I noticed starts with a new recipe that Tita is whipping up! She walks you through the process of cooking the meal. She goes into such detail about the meal I feel that I could make the same meal myself if I followed the instructions.
This isn't the only place that she is cooking or talks about making something. She makes stuff for all sorts of occassions! This reminds me of my house and family. We have certain meals that I almost expect to be made for certain events. For example my grandma's fried chicken on the fourth of july or my mothers country hash for my birthday! I can relate to like water for chocolate based souly on the food the emphasize in this book!

1 comment:

  1. Homemade food is the best, especially when family members make it! My grandma made the best green bean casserole ever!

    ReplyDelete